Curtis & Mimmie Estes
New Zealand Ministries
Curtis and Mimmie are involved in morning, afterschool and holiday programs for children aged 5 to 13 years old. We also have monthly mentoring and discipleship programs for 11 to 16 year olds at our house.
Daniel is involved with school and holiday camps for children 8 to 13 years old and is also serving as children’s pastor at church. We are also trying to reach and to minister to the families of these children.
We are working primarily with unchurched New Zealand children and families. We do have some children and families which have relocated to New Zealand from other countries such as the U.K., South Africa, Australia, etc. but most are New Zealanders. Only about 10% of New Zealanders claim to attend church and that number is shrinking among the younger families. I would say that less than 5% of the children we work with have ever attended church anywhere.
Prayer Requests and Needs
1. The hearts of New Zealanders to be open to the Gospel
2. The children would not just have a head knowledge of Jesus Christ but a personal heart experience with Him that changes their lives.
3. That we as foreigners would be able to relate culturally with these families and children.
4. That the children we reach we can continue to disciple with good sound Biblical instruction.
5. That families and children we reach would get involved in local churches and would begin to reach others.
6. That the numbers of children attending our programs would increase.
7. At the moment our support has dropped considerably and we are not able with the support we have to cover the cost of the insurance required by our missionary organization, Christian Light Ministries, Inc. in Jacksonville, FL. Please pray that the Lord would provide us direction and support concerning this.
If we, as a local organization, were to send partners or fellow workers to you, what would you expect of them?
It would be great to have young people, excited about the Lord, that have a desire to teach children to come and serve with us. The best times are during our summer holiday programs which run during December and January. They would need to be able to speak well in front of 30 to 40 children for about 30 to 45 minutes each morning during the week. The other holiday times are for two weeks after every ten weeks of school usually in April, July and October. Individuals would be welcome and possibly groups of no more than four.
Contact and Info:
We try and send out an email update quarterly. Anyone who would like to be added to this can contact us at email@example.com. To communicate with Daniel his email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check us out and our missionary organization and provide support through www.christianlightministries.org . We don’t have a blog but you can also keep up with us through Facebook at Curtis-Mimmie Estes or Daniel Estes.
Curtis & Mimi Estes – New Zealand Ministries
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.